Our purpose at DVSA is to help everyone stay safe on Great Britain's roads. Our new DVSA digital blog is the place to find out how digital services, technology, data, content and engagement are playing a major role in that.
The work that DVSA does affects millions of people. Whether it's through carrying out driving tests, approving MOT centres, or stopping unsafe commercial vehicles at the roadside, we're using digital services and technology to meet the needs of users and to help keep you safe.
Watch this video to find out more about what DVSA does and what our priorities are.
Make things open, it makes things better
We're big believers that making things open makes things better. This blog will be the place where we share what we're doing with digital and what we're learning along the way.
Some of the things you can expect to see include how we:
- carry out user research so we're sure that we're meeting the needs of users
- use agile methodologies to build great digital services
- support users who don't have access to digital services, or have limited digital skills
- open up data sets for others to use and build on
- design content to meet the needs of users
- use social media to engage with our users and help to make them safer drivers
- provide our staff with services and technology that help them contribute to our mission
- provide a culture and environment for digital and technology professionals to flourish
We’ll be posting regularly - and we hope that you'll contribute your views regularly too. Check our moderation policy to find out how we manage comments.